Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Marriage Counselling

7 August 2007

Today we went for to meet our marriage counsellors Matthew and Dolly from our previous church WEFC.

Hey it takes effort to work out a good marriage. Doesn't mean lao gong's so good to me and I try my best to submit means that we have a perfect marriage. And doesn't mean couples who go for marriage counselling are couples with "problems".

We all have our differences and sometimes don't see eye to eye with certain issues. Though as the wife I keep trying to submit to certain issues, I may remain unhappy bcos the differences are not worked out or resolved.
Yup so we had a really good time at their place. We had an amazing dinner with home-cooked bryani rice, garlic prawns in lemon juice (I'm not sure what it was but it tasted really good), chicken rendang, vegetables. Then we had strawberries and cherries and dessert was home-baked apple crumble with Hagen Daz ice-cream! I haven't eaten so much in quite a while!
Ok food aside, the sharing was very refreshing. We updated each other about our lives and me and lao gong managed to share some of the difficulties we face in our marriage. We felt so comfortable telling them everything in our marriage and it was also very refreshing to hear from people who could tell us frankly how we're wrong in certain ways and how we can resolve our problems. But ultimately it also takes an open spirit to take all this in cos it's not easy to hear someone else tell you that you're wrong. All in all, today has been a great day.
And best of all it so happens to be our anniversary! Not the actual wedding anniv but the monthly anniversary of the day we got together. We had lunch at Jack's Place and lao gong bought me a pair of Charles n Keith slippers.
And the one that I liked happened to be a promotion item so we got it at a good price. God is good! All the time!

No comments: