Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Follow-Up on The Humbling Experience

After the humbling experience a week ago, I was determined to work on managing my emotions rather than letting my emotions manage me. Emotions, especially women's emotions are always unstable, changing from one day to the next and even from one minute to the next. If we allow our emotions to control us, there wouldn't be much lasting joy.

Right now my focus is on managing my emotions rather than letting my emotions manage me. Only when I can be self-controlled can I be a better helper and have a more gracious spirit.


So far the week after "the experience" has been quite good. I'm able to watch my tongue better, to control negative emotions right at the onset before it becomes full-blown and uncontrollable. I've even succeeded at holding my tongue on numerous occasions not to "tell lao gong what he should do" and try to pray more instead.


The result: A happier lao gong and a happier lao po!


No comments: