Friday, August 3, 2007

After-Effects of giant blessings

After i received the gifts as graciously as I could, I started feeling guilty for throwing a big tantrum and thinking of lao gong as a big nasty fella. And also for being angry at God for allowing me to go thru' such trials.

Lao gong saved on a Braun Buffel wallet and instead bought me a Gucci wallet. I was so touched at his sacrifical love for me and how he really go all out to shower me with love that I threw my arms around him and wept. . And he didn't give me one gift but he gave me two giant gifts.

Then i got worried and asked him whether he would still continue doing manicures for me. Cos he once said that since he can't afford to send me to the mani palour, he would do it himself for me. So now that I have a gucci wallet and bag, that means he can afford to send me to the nail palour too. Thank God his response was, "No la! I will still continue doing for you."

Then that night I had a nightmare. I dreamt that Lao gong didn't buy me a present for my birthday. As was his usual practice for quite a few years at the beginning of the relationship. Yes God is so real in my life cos I can see how He has transformed my hubbi from an insensitive unromantic, proud and impatient fella into the loving hubbi he is today. Hubbi never used to get me gifts for Valentine's or birthdays. He seldom brought me shopping and romantic outings was a non-existent subject in our relationship. And when hubbi gets his pay first thing he used to think of was what he wanted to get for himself. But that's all in the past. Now hubbi drags me to Orchard even when I've got "too much work to do" and eats food court while pushing me to have my lunch at Sake Sushi. Before every big paycheck, lao gong will be praying to God asking Him what to get me this month. For Valentine's Day, he cooks steaks for me and slow dances with me to love songs.

My dear LORD Jesus has really molded lao gong into the loving hubbi that tries his best to love his wife sacrificially like Jesus does for His church.

Anyway back to my nightmare. In the dream, hubbi didn't buy me pressies cos he had already gotten me 2 big gifts beforehand. I wasn't that hurt in the dream cos I also understood that well hubbi has already given me more than enough but I couldn't help feeling disappointed. When I woke up from the dream, Iwas still feeling pretty upset until I remembered that it was only July and that my birthday was not here yet. Phew!

Haha so funny we humans are. When God blesses us, instead of trusting in Him and enjoying the blessings, we start to get afraid that He would replace other blessings or that trials would come to test our faith. Haha...I'm learning LORD. To really trust in you.

But till now, you haven't let me down. As I trusted in You and threw myself into learning how to submit to hubbi, you've given me back more than what I've given up. Thank you LORD!

No comments: