Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Swar-Levi's

Levi's encrusted with blue Swarovski crystals...even a dog'll fall in love with it
Ta-da!!!! This is the “project” I was telling u abt. Which is the thing that almost made me cry. Lao gong painstakingly used a tweezer to stick each crystal onto the pair of jeans.

As I was taking my shower, I was thinking of what I can do for him to show him my appreciation. Then it hit me.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord...Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…v28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies.

The bible says that husbands are to love their wives as much as they love themselves, which means to give their wives everything that they would want for themselves.

But wives are given a different commandment, ie to submit to their husbands in everything. So the best thing I can do for my hubbi is to submit totally to him. To submit totally means to even submit my will to him, not just in actions.

Can we really die to our own mindset, which has been molded over the years by watching our parents as we grow up? Can we really die to our habits, many of which can be distasteful in the sight of our husbands but of which are so instinctive to us? Like our instinct to change our husbands rather than to pray about it, our instincts to criticize and judge rather than give helpful constructive advice? Our instinct to tell him what we don’t like about him rather than encourage him in the things that he is so good at?

It seems a lot to let go, but I want to learn with the help of the Holy Spirit. Only when I totally submit can I be the perfect helper. Lao gong, thank you for loving me even before I submitted to you totally. Thank you for loving God enough to love me the way He wants to love me. You are truly the window of His love for me. Lord, thank you for first loving us even when we rejected you and worshipped other idols made by men. To you be all the glory and praise…amen



No comments: