Monday, October 8, 2007

071007

To us, 071007 is a beautiful number. Why? Cos it’s the date of our 1st year wedding anniversary. It’s a beautiful date that brings back wonderful memories of how God united us together as one in marriage and called us to put each other before ourselves and to give of our whole lives to each other. Heh so sweet right…

We were supposed to go for a 2nd honeymoon but due to my students' exams, that had to be postponed till november. For the actual day, we settled for a local celebration. Less adventurous but still very romantic thanks to lao gong, who pre-planned the days’ events.


The Journey OutWhen you’re celebrating your wedding anniversary, everything seems super romantic, even an ordinary ride in a cab. Lao gong’s eyes very small hor. He wasn’t sleepy...it was just a bad shot with the hp camera.

Waiting for the highlight of the evening
Nope not the Kelong

Songs of the Sea Lao gong brought me to Sentosa for Songs of the Sea. My last visit was when it was still called the musical fountain. The revamped show is much better with laser, fire and fireworks being added to the “fountain”.


Do you see the face of a lady in the mist?







I only managed to take these pics cos I was too busy enjoying the better parts with fire “jumping” to the rhythm of the music. And yes the fireworks made it all the more romantic.


Then we took a cable car ride out of Sentosa. Usually you will have to share your cabin with others as there’s quite a few people waiting and the management wouldn’t let the cabin leave half empty. However, the couple with us got down at the tower in the midpoint so we had the whole cabin to ourselves after that. There was soft music playing in the cable car and so the night ride in the air was a really beautiful experience.

Somewhere before and between Songs of the Seas, lao gong was behaving suspiciously. Kept checking his phone and making calls, apparently to change the time of his reservations for our dinner. By the time the show ended, it was about 9 plus and I was wondering which restaurant would be opened till so late. And he asked me, “What if my surprise for you turns out to be a dinner at home?”

All these constant checking of his PDA and phone calls plus that question made me all the more curious and I actually thought he deployed our good friend Nd Quek to cook for us or something.

Our dinner place turned out to be….
The Jewel Box at Mt Faber


From the cable car place, lao gong brought me down the stairs, whispered something to one of the staff and led me to the restaurant. That was really a surprise. I just didn’t think of this place among all the places I kept trying to guess. The cable car ride actually was impromptu too. Lao gong wanted to bring me there in a cab, which would have spoiled the surprise when he had to tell the driver where to go. But the limousine driver who wanted to charge us a bomb for driving us down (which we rejected) suggested the ride to lao gong. Heh God is so good. Even He also got involved in our celebration and dropped a hint to lao gong to make the whole plan more seamless and romantic.


My seafood with lobster sauce and lao gong’s fish and chips

Is that Heineken?

Haha yes it is. Probably came as a surprise to those who know us well. Lao gong used to be a heavy drinker but stopped ever since he fell in love with something even better. Anyway, the restaurant was located above the hilltop and we could see the nightview of the island of Sentosa. There was a live band playing and with the atmosphere of the special evening, lao gong had the rare urge to drink again. I of course stuck to my mocktail (don’t want to vomit on this special night!).




Even his lao po was surprised when he ordered another Guinness draft. But this pic is proof that lao gong is not religious haha.


Nice candle?


But it’s a fake! I’m always curious about everything and it caught my attention that the “candle” could keep on burning. So I peeped inside and found another surprise! It’s a fake candle. A bit of a letdown but never mind, it still looks nice…


Malaysian Bis-Cheesecakes?
Lao gong started asking funny questions again like “How come the live band left so early?” (They left at 1130pm.). Then he said something like, “I’m so disappointed with the management at Jewel Box.”

Suddenly at 12am, he leaned over and whispered “Happy anniversary Lao Po.” Then he told me that there was actually another surprise. He had arranged a few days ago with the management for the live band to announce at 12am to everyone that it was our wedding anniversary and then the waitress would come out with a cake and sing a song.

He had already pre-ordered my favourite brownie in advance. Well the band left before midnight, and the cake never appeared. Lao gong was very disappointed with them. He felt that they had over-promised and that if they couldn’t do it, they should have said so and he could have done something else on his own.

Though these things did not take place, I could sense lao gong’s sincerity in wanting to make this evening special for us (well more for me probably =P) and I felt greatly comforted that despite being married to him, he still took the effort to court me like that.

By the way, here’s the review of the assorted cheesecakes.

Me: How do you find the cheesecakes?

LG: Not good.

Me: Ya, taste abit funny.

LG: Like the biscuits from Malaysia.

Me: Ya! No wonder it tasted so familiar.

LG: Thank God at least it looks pretty.

This plate of Malaysian biscuits in the disguise of cheesecakes costs us $9+++.

Total bill: $122.40
Food - ok
but ambience – very good.


Chocolate & Chilli Stains on Lao Gong's Pants


Another Surprise for me the next Morning



He recycled the paper I used to give him his surprise 3 days ago!

Ta-Dahhh!!!
My new Gucci sunglasses. Oh dear I can join their fan club le.

This is the first time I received a present that wasn’t bought
1) while shopping with me,
2) on the actual day of the occasion or
3) after the occasion


Lao gong didn’t used to pre-plan anything for me. So in the end it would be too last minute to get me anything and I usually ended up with no present on my birthdays. Then I would look disappointed the whole day and he would feel guilty and get something for me the next day.

It feels very different receiving a present that has been thoughtfully prepared and bought beforehand. I used to feel that my presents weren’t truly from my then boyfriend’s heart cos he didn’t buy it because he wanted to please me but because I had whined and pouted and gotten upset.

So girls, don't believe that after marriage your hubby won't treat you as well. It's actually a myth. It really depends on how you both work on the marriage. If you want your lao gong to be as interested in you, you got to continue making an effort to look good for him. If you want hubby to treat you well, then you got to treat him well and be...submissive. Haha. It's not my own philosophy, I mean the submissive part) it's biblical.

The Next Day

Reliving our 1st Date at Coffee Bean
We talked about our childhood, our teenage life, our dreams…


It was a special day for the military force at Istana too…
We found them while walking to Paragon. Ended the day with a simpler dinner at Fish & Co. By the way, I pamper my lao gong too. I got him a Braun Buffel belt, a pair of shoes from Pedro and a cheesecake from Coffee Bean. It was meant to be a surprise for each day 3 days pertaining to our anniversary.

Final words: Thank you lao gong. you really made my day. I love you.

No comments: