Monday, July 9, 2007

Lao Gong...

The way you wake up early to mop the floor,
so that I can sit there and play with the dogs.

The way you pester me to wake up at 9am,
to worship Jesus and spend time with you,
but ask me to go back to sleep at seeing my sleepy eyes.

The way you demand me to rest,
because you want me to enjoy life.

The way you faithfully wipe the dogs' paws everytime they go out,
because you know I hate to do it.

The way you cook for me,
because you want me to have good meals,
even though you're tired from a day's work.

The way you paint my nails and cut my toenails,
because you want to pamper me.

The way you save on Timberlands,
just so that you can buy me more Aldos.

The delight on your face when I join you in your ministries,
or in your fishing trips,
because you can't get enough of me just as I can't get enough of you.

The way you desire me to wait by the side while you play soccer,
because my presence matters so much to you.

The way you crack lame jokes and make fun of me,
because you want to see me laugh and make me happy.

The way you relentlessly lecture me,
because you want me to learn and be more godly.

The way you want to put baby plans on hold,
even though you love them so,
because you want us to have more time on our own.

The way you lift me up when I throw a tantrum,
the way you smile at me when I have sauce at the corner of my mouth,
the way you fall asleep while patting me to sleep,
the way you kneel down in public to stick plasters on my blistered feet,
the way you lovingly prepare the food to make it tasty.

The way you say sorry to me when you realise your mistakes,
the way you pray with me to help me release my hurts and fears,
the way you encourage me to do God's work,
all because you love God,
because you love me,
and you want to show me how much God loves me.

Thank you lao gong. I love you.
Thank you Jesus. You're the best matchmaker, the best marriage counsellor and the best Teacher.


Lao Gong

Cooking........................Worshiping..............................












Lao gong

Playing with me....

No comments: