Sunday, June 8, 2008

Overworked hubby

We got our Subaru Impreza a few days ago. Finally. Since then, hubby has been trying to get used to the car and driving me around.

Today we went NTU. So happy. Graduated almost 5 years ago and have been wanting to go back there but it's like almost on another island. Now got car, everywhere also can go. NTU not only brings back memories of my school days but also brings back memories of when we first got together. We went to visit the places where I spent most of my time dancing and studying, visited my hostel and went to all the canteens that we gorged at.

Many things in NTU has changed. New blocks have sprung up, others are undergoing renovation, and sad to say, many of our favourite food stalls are no longer around. But the school has still retained most of its culture and "feel". Canteen 2, famous for having the best food in NTU is still the best canteen but most of the food stalls have changed. Now most of the food stalls are some famous food from different places. Hubby tried the chicken rice from (forgot what place) and I tried the Western food from Old Airport Road. Feels so good to eat sirloin steak at $4 and iced milk tea at $0.60. Really enjoyed myself in this trip down memory lane.

Canteen 2
Us with our 'Old Airport' Western food

After dinner at 6 plus, hubby said," Bi, can we go home? I'm really tired and I miss home." Felt so tickled and touched at the same time when I heard it. Hubby is still relatively new in driving and being on the road so much has drained him of his energy, yet he is still so willing to drive me wherever I want to go to make me happy. Thank you hubby. And thank you God for the car. After we came home, hubby washed the car while I sat inside and played hp games to accompany him, then watched 'My Girl'. Definitely a fun and relaxing weekend =)


No comments: