Thursday, May 15, 2008

Updates 1

I've thought about it. One way to come round the problem is to speed up the process by NOT trying to chronologicalise everything. Esp when there's just too many updates to fill in. I shall just randomly update anything that comes to my mind.

1) Hubby passed his driving last Tuesday! It was really by grace and a confirmation from God that we can buy car cos

A) Hubby didn't go for many driving lessons after the first time he failed. He basically just went for 2 the week before and another one on the day of his exam.
B) This is the 2nd time hubby took the driving exam.
C) The 1st time hubby failed, we knew that everything is by grace. Before the exam, you're supposed to draw lots to 'pick' ur tester. Hubby kena the Mr. Strictest of the Strictest. Meaning he's reputed for not passing anyone. Since drawing lots was something that people did in the bible, we know in our hearts that God was the one who gave hubby Mr Strictest of the Strictest.
D) This time round hubby din pick Mr Strictest of the Strictest. FIY, another girl picked him and yes, he failed her too. This was her 3rd attempt, and it so happened that her 1st attempt she picked him too. Which means he has failed her twice. Hai...
E) During the exam, the tester was very blunt with my hubby. Kept criticising his driving, passing many negative comments. At one point, he asked hubby why was he driving so slowly?! But hubby drove slowly cos Mr. Strictest of the Strictest criticised him for driving too fast. At another point, he even criticised hubby so badly and said that the student taking the driving lessons down the road was driving better than him (my hubby). This made hubby so demoralised that he turned into the wrong lane. Which spurred on another slew of criticism from the tester again.
F) When the tester sat down to calculate the demerit points hubby got, hubby could see that he was actually striking off some of the things that he wanted to penalise hubby for.
G) Finally hubby got 18 points. The passing point is 20 points. Anything above that means you fail.
H) Mr. Tester then handed hubby his 'report card'. Hubby saw a tick at the pass box and a cross at the fail box. He was so stunned he asked Mr. Tester," Does this mean I passed?" It was truly favor from God that resulted in favor from men. Mr. Tester turned out to be a daddy figure in the disguise of a fierce policeman. He scolded hubby somemore, then smiled at him before saying," Drive carefully yah!"
God is so awesome when He works in our lives!

2) So with this confirmation from God, we booked our Subaru Impreza last Friday =) We should be getting it sometime next week. Ah I can't wait!

3) I have been extremely busy and overworked these past few weeks due to my students' mid year exams. Next week is my official one week break. I won't even have piano lessons next week. Yeah!

4) During my one week break, we're going Hongkong for 3 days! I wanted 4 but we couldn't bear to leave the dogs alone for too long and anyway, we're flying off early in the morning and coming back late in the evening so ok, not so bad.

5) I'm now busy with my piano lessons, which is getting harder and harder =( and trying to finish up my lonely planet on Hongkong to get the best out of our trip. I realised the zoo in Hongkong is free. So different from Singapore. And it's not a substandard zoo according to Lonely Planet. It has erm dunno how many varieties of bla bla bla and bla bla bla. Forgive me I have never been good at remembering terms and stats. I just highlight and remember briefly that if possible we can visit the zoo.

Ok these are the top 5 things I can remember now. Photo updates coming up!

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7: 37-38

No comments: