Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Long Overdue Post

Oh dear. i realise my blog posts these days always seem to be overdue. Haha will try to catch up on it.

This post is about our birthdays 2007. Mine falls on 5 Dec while my hubby is 5 days younger than me. His is on 10 Dec.


Our home cell's Dinner invitation to us
We were invited for a combo bday celebration to a restaurant of our choice and I chose....Sushi Tei!


Handmade Card from Mel


Doughnuts version of Birthday Cake
2 cakes from Four Leaves to represent 10 years each and six doughnuts to represent 1 year each. Aren't they creative...


Us being made to blow the candles from a distance

Half of the food
By the time the other half arrived, I was too busy eating to take pics of the rest of the food.


Choco and Coffee Balls in our mouths


Choco and Coffee Balls in their mouths

Special thanks to Mel and Ah Yun. They specially went to queue at the restaurant half an hour earlier to queue for a seat as Sushi Tei doesn't take reservations. Plus we were late for half an hour which means they waited a total of 1 hr for us!!!

Special thanks to my dear sis Yun also for having planned this whole event and coordinating everyone's busy schedules.

And to the rest of the cell who came, thank you for adjusting your schedules and taking time out to celebrate our birthdays with us.

To the rest who weren't able to come, thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts =)

3rd Dec- My Sec Sch Best Friend came to celebrate my birthday with me.


Da-baoed my favourite food over to my place
Chilli crab, fried kangkong and some special chicken. The carbos were for my hubby.


A handmade card from her
She secretly brought a photo printer and after taking a photo with me, she made me stay in the room while she printed the photo and slotted it into the card. Ain't that sweet =)


Ya we were sec sch husband and wife. I forgot how we formed that relationship though. But we're definitely not lesbians. It was just an establishment to show how close we were.


4 Dec Hubby brought me out


Seafood Dinner
With mussels, oysters, fish, prawns, calamari and I forgot what else

And I had a surprise waiting for me at home

I was pretty tired when we reached home but lao gong insisted on going to Cheers to get a drink and I was starting to throw a tantrum wondering why he was behaving so out of sorts. I mean he can just get a drink when we reached home why did he have to go a round about way to Cheers to get a drink?

When we were outside our house, I heard a birthday song playing but I didn't realise it was coming from the house. I didn't even realise it was a birthday song and thought it was just some Christmas ringtone from my neighbour's phone.

When lao gong opened the door, I saw on the platform a birthday cake and I was wondering who placed the cake there. I thought it was some surprise from lao gong. Then there was a lot of noise and next thing I know, I was attacked with party strings.

And there was...Audrey and Heli. Haha they made so much noise I thought there was..... well, more people.

And they gave me trick candles that can't be blown out...

Our Party, complete with Party hats and Masks
They felt that the surprise party was really small so they bought some party props to create the atmosphere.


Thank you Heli and Audrey. This was the first time in my life someone went to such extents to plan a surprise for me (besides our Home Cell). Really touched by your gestures. I had a really memorable 26th birthday!


Thank you lao gong too for bearing with my whines when you had to play along with the whole ploy and act like you didn't know anything the whole day!

10 Dec - Lao Gong's Bday

Hog's Breath @ Vivocity

He was genuinely surprised. Halfway thru the ploy was nearly exposed. We were supposed to reach at a time arranged between me and mei but lao gong suddenly wanted to look at watches. In order not to look suspicious, I just went along with his desires. So we were late from there.

After that when we got to the 4th level, I couldn't find the restaurant cos it was like hidden in a corner, which made us even more late. Heli (mei) then called us and asked whether we were reaching. When lao gong asked me who it was I had to say that it was someone from the restaurant and that if we don't hurry they were going to let go of my reservation. And he actually believed it. I thought that was a very lame lie but well....


Happy Family
Haha actually the kids are once again 'borrowed' from Wen and Mel our cell leaders. Wish we have a pair like that ahahaha

Our church cell

Special thanks to Heli who helped me coordinate the whole event.

A great thank you too to those who went just come back from Rain Camp on the same day. You all must have been so tired especially the camp committee and yet you made the effort to honor us with your presence.

And to everyone else who attended, a big thank you for making the evening a special one for hubby!

Thank you God for blessing us with these great friends!


No comments: