Tuesday, May 22, 2007

7 October 2006

Bride = makeup assistant?

At this point I wanna share with you all about one of the many miracles God gave us during our wedding. During my trial makeup, I didn’t like my makeup at all. I’m not saying the makeup artist wasn’t good but it just wasn’t the kind of makeup I would prefer. But I booked my wedding package very late and it so happened that our wedding day was a hot date, which meant that many hot makeup artists were all booked up too. So I felt that there wasn’t much choice left. I prayed to God about it and God gave me a sense of peace that everything would be alright. He would let His daughter look her best on the big day . When I told my mum about my makeup, she was quite concerned and said,” Hah! Then why don’t you try looking for another makeup artist?” And I just told her, “It’s ok. We just pray about it and have faith. On the actual day, the look my makeup artist gave me was totally different from the trial makeup. Though it was the same makeup artist! Haha this made me understand even further that if we really put our trust in God, He will make our paths straight =)





Which bride has her nails done by her very own husband-to-be???On my thumbs is a white flower with a clear Swarovski crystal in the center and all the other nails are encrusted with dark pink Swarovski crystals too! But it was very difficult to shampoo my hair with all the crystals getting into the wet mass of hair. So….on my wedding night after the wedding, I pulled out most of the crystals from my nails so that I can shampoo properly. After that Shawn reminded me that I’ve just thrown away half a pack of Swarovski crystals Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! =(



Ways to Chuang3 Men2

The loanshark way



Pitiful bridegroom way



But ultimately, the best way is always……





"Bi, do you know I didn’t sleep the whole night? And just now at the door they bully me. Make me eat a lot of nasty things. I really love you please open the door.”




Happy like a bird. Says to bridesmaid, “Pls open the door.”





And comes the classic moment








I'm serious about putting on the shoes for my bride!

This is another tradition-breaking thing lao gong did that really touched my heart. He personally bent down and helped me put on the pair of shoes that he bought for me, and I know he was silently telling me how much he loves me, to the extent that he is willing to put down his pride to serve me. Feels like a Cinderella moment eh =) But lao gong is not a hen-pecked hubbi. In fact he’s very strict with me. No gloomy face, no nagging, no pettiness even with others…or else I get a 45 min lecture from him. Hai…who said that women were more long-winded than men? But I realized from Miin and andy teo that it’s one of the traits of God-loving man who love their partners. They lecture, in other words nag at us for our own good. Otherwise we’ll never change. But because we were made with different strengths and weaknesses, women are not to handle their men that way. We’re supposed to help, not lead. So we can only drop a few hints here and there, pray hard for them and always be ready to lend a listening ear.



From the moment we left niang jia, we had to serve endless cups of tea, asking this ah ma, that auntie to drink tea, travelling from niang jia to lao gong’s house back to our house and again to niang jia before finally going to church.


Waiting for Jing4 Cha2 to startThe jing4 cha2 to me was the most tiring part of the whole wedding. You realise that within the next minutes, you have suddenly aquired another set of relatives, and after each cup of tea, you're not even sure whether you addressed the previous relative correctly. But then again, if you ask me, I would still be willing to do it all over again. and this time round, I would like to try to focus more on who each relative is and genuinely offer tea as a sign of acknowledging them as my elders and taking it as a blessing to have new relatives.


Lao gong's relatives. Parents are in the foreground.




My relatives (dad's side). Parents in the foreground.



My relatives (mum's side). Parents & baby sis in the foreground.


So that's about the total number of teas we jing-ed that day. Not counting the young ones. So lao gong ended up.......


See lao gong’s face? The moment he stepped into the house, any house, he’d just go to the fan, open his shirt from the bottom and try to get as much wind in as possible. He was born with a heat generator inside him…..Thru it all, the jie mei’s and heng dais were there to support us with whatever help we needed. At this point I also want to thank God and our wonderful cell members for their enthusiatic help. thank you lovelies. For the thoughtfulness, for being so every willing to help with all our last minute emergencies and all these without any complaints. Love ya all! Muacks!


My wonderful "immediate" family from church


My "spiritual parents".

Mary was the one who brought me to church. I will never forget their (Mary & Adrian) faithfulness in fetching me (from my doorstep) to church and then back home again. Every sunday morning, Mary would faithfully call me and ask me whether I wanted to go. If she was serving in the sound ministry that morning, we would have to go to church at about 8am. Adrian would then bring me for breakfast after he dropped Mary in church and he would share with me anything I wanted to know. It was like I was a kid all over again and he was like my father patiently answering all my simple questions about God and the bible. Mary taught me alot. She plays a big part in how I minister to my own students now and how I try to encourage them to go to church. Becos God first loved them, that's why they loved me. And bcos they loved me, I am now able to love others. We are able to love bcos God first loved us. I forgot to mention that Mary was my wedding coordinator and Adrian my videographer. And they are the best. Mary did ALL if not most of the dirty work. Calling all the different people with different responsibilities, writing my programme booklet for me, zapping it, buying ribbons and getting people to tie it up, getting people to get dry ice and teaching them how to produce more "smoke", buying party poppers and even getting me my flower girl! She's truly a mommy to me eh!

No comments: