Saturday, March 22, 2008

Valentine's Day

This is the second year we're spending Valentine's Day as a married couple. A week before that, I've already started badgering my hubby. I told him I didn't want him to waste any money on overpriced flowers. So he asked me ,

"Ok , no presents?"

Being a girl, I'm not 100% practical so I went,

"Erm but you can get something small. I don't need expensive presents, just something to know that you care about me more as a wife than as a girlfriend."

On the day itself, he went to Cold Storage as was his usual practice to buy the ingredients for cooking a nice steak for us.

He came home with 2 innocent looking bags of groceries and I didn't suspect anything. The thing is both of us have freelance jobs so we see each other alot at home which means that it's very difficult for him to do anything in secret at home.

After dinner, hubby gave me 2 presents.

Flowers, which I secretly hoped for but would definitely not pay an exorbitant price for and a notebook, both prepared while I was giving tuition.

He came up with another advantage of living on ground floor-->The hubby can sneak flowers through the window into the master bedroom even though the wife is in the living room, where she has full view of her hubby the moment he walks into the house.

Here's my home-wrapped roses, lavender and some flowers that are white but turn purple when in full bloom.


He got everything from Cold Storage and cut off all the thorns on the rose stems so that I wouldn't cut myself =P


Precious moment notebook with crystals and our photo.

Thank you lao gong, for all your efforts at caring for me and for thinking of all kinds of ideas just to bring a smile on my face.

I love you lao gong, and I really thank God for you =)

No comments: