Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rain Camp

It has been so long since I last updated my blog. Been so busy with all the activities. Think this is my busiest December ever! Rain camp was held on the 8-10 December. It's actually our church's youth camp but this year, the camp was supposed to be a multi-generational camp and we as young adults were strongly encouraged to go.

I very reluctantly agreed to go and it has been my first outdoor camp (not counting church camp which is held in a beautiful hotel and is more like a holiday) after 10 years! Me and lao gong were asked to lead the youth groups but due to lack of manpower, we were to lead separate groups. I felt so sad when I heard the news but it's a privilege to serve God so we went ahead with it. Initially I felt very lost without lao gong beside me for me to rely on (we were separated thru'out the camp cos our responsibility was toward our own individual group to faciliate, lead and mentor them) and lao gong felt very lost without me to remind him of all the nitty gritties that he always forgets.

Thank God we each were given assistants to help us and i must say i had a very enthusiastic helper who helped me out alot. Same goes for lao gong. By the end of the first day I was dead tired by all the physical activities and looking after the kids but Kenneth, my assistant very willingly did my head counts, chased after missing children for me and some of the girls willingly washed my plates when I couldn't get up anymore and took drinks for me. By the 2nd day, i wasn't feeling so bad and actually bonded with my group and started enjoying myself.


My group Rinan (Old English Word for 'Rain')
Kenneth Soh is right behind me. His hair very long hoh. On my left is Noah and he really provided us with lots of laughter with his funny antics during the camp.


My girls and Lala's Girls
Lala is on my left. She's the assistant leader (aka leader cos her leader was away most of the time). We shared the same bunk and it was such a joy for me. We did our sharing together on the beds and had lots of fun rolling around on our beds and sharing God's Word at the same time!

No comments: